The Generous Pour Wine Event at Capital Grille runs July 12 - September 4. This event features a spectacular sampling of nine outstanding wines for only $25.00. Check out this video of Capital Grille's Master Sommelier, George Miliotes as he highlights some wonderful wines that will be featured at the event.
I had the chance to attend a preview event and sample these wines along with a spectacular dinner. The evening started with a live broadcast of Mr. Miliotes telling us all about the wines we would be sampling.
As we mingled before the event began, Hors D' Oeurves were served with Marquis De La Tour, Cremant De Loire Brut sparkling white wine. Dinner included appetizers of their Fried Calamari with Hot Cherry Peppers and Proscuitto Wrapped Mozzarella that was paired with a Chateau St. Jean Chardonnay from California and a La Cana Albarino from Spain.
For my choice of entree I chose the 10 oz Filet this was paired with Freemark Abby, Cabernet Bosche and Tarima Hill, Monastrell from Spain. Accompaniments included Sauteed Spinach and Capital Grille's Signature Lobster Mac 'N' Cheese.
Dessert followed with choice of Floureless Chocolate Espresso Cake or Strawberries Capital Grille. I was so glad that Steve was able to join me for this event so we could get one of each!! Dessert was paired with RL Bueller, The Portly Gentleman Port.
This dinner was delightful and the wines were amazing. It was such a treat to try so many different wines at such a great price. This event is worth attending. The knowledgeable staff will be able to assist you through every course by pairing wines with the dishes you select.
The 9 wines chosen for this event are as follows:
- Marquis de la Tour, Cremant de Loire Brut, France
- La Cana Albarino, Rias Baixas, Spain, 2010
- Chateau St. Jean, Belle Terre, Sonoma, California, 2008
- Freemark Abbey, Cabernet Bosche, Rutherford, California, 2003
- Chalk Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma, California, 2006
- Byron Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara, California, 2009
- Conte Brandolini Vistorta Merlot, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, 2006
- Tarima Hill Monastrell, Alicante, Spain, 2009
- RL Buller, the Portly Gentleman, Australia
If you have a great food dine, event or restaurant in KC you think I am missing, email me.
In Good Taste,